Middle Way tagged me to reveal 6 things about myself that readers might not necessarily know, so here’s my five minutes of narcissism for today:
1. I have banned myself from watching all medical shows on TV, including ER, House, and even Gray’s Anatomy, because the medical crisis’ freak me out too much, and I am systematically afflicted with the very same ones for weeks afterwards.
2. I have signed up for the Nuits-Saint-Georges Wine Auction 10km race on March 21, 2009 and am currently walking / running three times a week. I’m using the Vancouver “Sun Run” 13 week prep program so am currently running 2 minutes, walking 3 minutes, and repeating. I will be exploring my reasons for doing this in a future blog post (the free wine has a lot to do with it), but let me just say that if I end up being able to finish the 10k, anyone can do it.
3. I eat about four mandarin oranges a day at this time of year.
4. Seeing as I’m still struggling with my personal devastation on learning that Santa Claus doesn’t exist, I am currently tortured over what answer to give my very innocent, but currently very questioning, oldest daughter.
5. When (trying) to ebb the tide of panic before being wheeled into the OR before my first C-section (Charlotte) I didn’t fantasize about palm trees swaying in the breeze, but rather the compounding interest of the money I was saving for a down payment of a house. It calmed me down far more than palm trees ever could. Must be the Scottish blood.
6. Last night Franck went out rock climbing with some friends and I was planning on working. Instead, I popped in the Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightley in the DVD player, snapped a piece of 72% black chocolate off the bar in the kitchen cupboard, curled up on the couch under a quilt, and indulged.
So now I am going to *evil cackle* tag a few others: